Are you bored or feeling washed out mentally? Do you wonder how you can become more creative, inspired and engaging? Would you like to stand out from the crowd, live life to the brim and make a positive impact? You are not alone. These issues give many professionals and business owners concern.
The good news is that a life and business that is rich in creativity does not cost as much as you think. Sometimes all you need is a break in routine to get your brain to remember how to be creative again. So, read on to discover ideas that help. Then reschedule your calendar and get your creative juices flowing as you get going!
Make time to SEE:
- ‘People watching’ can teach you how to be creative. Go for a long walk and notice everyone who goes past. Think about them and imagine walking in their shoes.
- Art can teach you how to be creative. Discover the genius etched by nature into land, sea and sky. Look at paintings – good and bad. You’ll learn so much just by looking around.
- If all else fails, watch a documentary. There’s nothing so fascinating as the things people do.
Make time to HEAR:
- Music can teach you how to be creative. Listen to some inspiring sounds and songs. You can create or hum some of yours.
- Engage with strangers, friends and foes; ask questions and hear them pour their heart out. You might learn something new, or at the very least, come away feeling that you’ve done some good. Remember; wisdom is creativity too.
- A book or two can teach you how to be creative. Pick ’em up and read chapters out loud. Listen to the rhythm of words unsung. It will do you a world of good.
- Focus on the sounds that nature makes: birds, bees, wind, footsteps, heartbeat, silence, lakes…
- Download audio clips to better your business or your life. Listen. Playback at least twice. Absorb. How to be creative? That’s how!
Make time to TASTE:
- Flavours can teach you how to be creative. Go cheese, cup-cake or fruit tasting now.
- Invite friends over and cook a meal together. Make a favourite dish with your family and friends. Savour the moment. It won’t last. Hold it tenderly in your arms.
- Taste what it’s like to be someone else. Spend a day or more with people from a different clime. Eat what they eat, see life through new eyes. Sift what you learn. That’s creativity right there!
Make time to SMELL:
- Scents can teach you how to be creative. Embrace your loved ones: notice the scent of their hair, clothing, aftershave or breath. Compliment them as you learn.
- Go shopping for perfume. Try out different fragrances here and there. Ask questions. Learn. It’s how to be creative and enjoy life well.
- Wallow in the outdoors; suck in the smell of flowers, grass, trees, rain, mud… everything about. The scents of nature can inspire new thinking. Or lead you down the twists and turns of Memory Lane.
Make time to TOUCH:
- Get a massage, enjoy it but don’t nod off… notice how it’s being done.
- Give a loved one a foot rub. Tickle but don’t put them off!
- Rediscover the excitement of holding hands, a whisper, an embrace. Creative things are delicate things…
Make time for CREATIVITY:
- Discover your hidden talents and indulge. This is really how to be creative. Yesss.
- Start or resume a creative task. Do it slow and do it fast!
- Mingle with other ‘creative types’. The good stuff will rub off on you. Somehow.
Make time for GOD:
Make time to be alone and rest. Meditate, worship and do your soul’s best. Not just today but everyday. Creativity is best drawn from a well of peace.
How to be creative. How to be interesting and engaging. How to stand out, enjoy life and make a positive impact… hopefully it’s all a lot clearer now. A life and business that is rich in creativity does not cost as much as you think. Until next time, Get Creative, be inspired and GROW!
If you enjoyed this article, you will also enjoy getting V.I.P updates on our top articles, events and special offers. To get on the V.I.P list and get served creative, inspiring and practical insights designed to help you GROW Your Business, please GO TO: www.ogoogbata.com/connect